Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Watch out for those Sea Lions!

Today I was at the library which is right on Ketchikan Creek, our most famous Salmon Creek. I feel foolish, but I get very upset when I see the salmon struggling up the creek to spawn, and 4 huge sea lions swimming right along with them just gobbling up the fish before they can get to where they are going. I guess I am not a good outdoors woman. I couldn't go hunting except with a camera. My very good friend, Leah, a beautiful gentle looking young Christian woman, flies her own plane into the wild, shoots a couple of deer, cleans them and hauls them back to her plane and takes her winter meat back to her freezer. Her husband is so proud. I just have to say here-Congratulations Joe,(Leah's husband) on your CAPTAINS WINGS! It's a bid deal and they are out celebrating tonight.

1 comment:

  1. It is too bad we missed the sea lions when we were there, but I would feel bad for the salmon too.

    ReplyDelete