Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall Has Arrived

It's foggy today, I can hardly see the 3 cruise ships that are in today. All the jewelry stores have big signs in their windows advertising 70-80% off everything in the store. The Knitting "Girls" were all laughing last night. "80% off what? When you go into one of those stores, the sales people have calculators in their hands as they wait for the customers. They show you an item, tell you the price, and then start figuring what they can get you to pay , so they give you "discounts". My granddaughter loved a rainbow sapphire bracelet - the price quoted was $17,000. They got it down to $800, which was probably a markup of 400%
My point is that unless you are an expert, you have no idea of the real value of any of the pieces. I am looking for a gold chain for the gold nugget my daughter had made for my birthday. My plan is to find a chain that I want and tell them what I am willing to pay for it an see how that goes. I only have 3 mare days to do git 'er done.

1 comment: